So often in our Quick Tips series we talk about “how to solder.” So today we will talk about how not to solder… using Stock Image Fails!
1) A solderong iron is not a sex toy. Just NOPE!
2) Don’t hold it by the metal tip!
3) I SAID NEVER HOLD IT BY THE TIP!!! The rubber safety guard is there for a reason people!
4) Don’t apply solder directly to the tip, that uses up all your flux.
5) Don’t do what ever this woman is doing… I don’t know what it is, but it’s definitely not correct.
6) Don’t fall asleep with a 450°F soldering iron in your hand…
7) Don’t take your eye off what your soldering. It’s like these photography models have never soldered before. Jeez!!!
8) Don’t solder and multimeter your board at the same time… I’m also sure he’s getting the best multimeter readout only using one probe…
9) Don’t solder in small spaces. These are toxic fumes and you should use caution.
10) Don’t solder plastic… that’s not how this works. None of this is how soldering works!!!!
I hope some of these tips help you. And if you’re an ad agency reading this and are about to market a product to nerds using Stock photos… we spot this stuff and mock you guys.
About the Author
Andrew Jones is a location sound mixer based in Los Angeles. He started in the TV and Film industry in 2004. You can email him at Andrew@HoldForSound.com
One thought on “QuickTips: Top 10 Soldering Fails”
Your post really a great post. I inspired from your this post. I want to do something awesome for me. Please write more like this for us.